Emma Farrell is a commercial solicitor providing legal and tax advice to businesses and individuals.
She has a focus on providing legal and tax advice to SMEs and family businesses and has particular experience in M&A deals, inheritance/succession planning and commercial property transactions. Emma trained in Matheson, a Dublin commercial firm and worked there for 7 years.
Emma has acted as a commercial and tax solicitor for:
- Irish corporates (including family businesses and owner managed groups) in relation to group reorganisations, succession planning and the day to day legal and tax aspects of doing business in Ireland, including commercial contracts.
- Start-ups in relation to establishment, shareholder relations and funding rounds.
- Irish corporates in relation to shareholder agreements, employee share schemes and the best legal and tax structure when planning for a long term exit. Her work spans a range of sectors including tech, fintech, engineering and renewable energy.
- Property developers in residential and commercial developments, advising in relation to transaction structure, financing and negotiations.
- Buyers and sellers of Irish companies and businesses in M&A deals. This work has covered a range of sectors including nursing homes, wind farms and manufacturing. Emma’s advice covered pre-transaction planning on both the sell side and buy side, due diligence and the negotiation of transaction documents.
- Employers and employees in relation to tax-free termination payments.
- Individuals in relation to inheritance and succession planning, advising on Wills and Enduring Powers of Attorney.