Emma provides legal and tax advice to businesses and individuals.
She has a focus on providing legal and tax advice to SMEs and family businesses and has particular experience in commercial property transactions, M&A deals and inheritance/succession planning. Emma also works on litigation matters including medical negligence, personal injury, inheritance disputes and tax litigation.
Emma worked in Matheson, a Dublin commercial firm, for 7 years and has acted for:
- Property developers in residential and commercial developments, advising in relation to transaction structure, financing and negotiations.
- Buyers and sellers of Irish companies and businesses in M&A deals. This work has covered a range of sectors including nursing homes, wind farms and manufacturing. Emma’s advice covered pre-transaction planning on both the sell side and buy side, due diligence and the negotiation of transaction documents.
- Irish corporates (including family businesses and owner managed groups) in relation to group reorganisations, succession planning and the day to day legal and tax aspects of doing business in Ireland.
- Taxpayers faced with litigating against Irish Revenue.
- Employers and employees in relation to employment disputes and settlements.
Emma is a qualified solicitor and an AITI chartered tax advisor. She received an academic scholarship to UCD where she studied Commerce and Italian. She received a first class honours and was Student of the Year in 2011. While studying with the Law Society, she represented Ireland at the Brown Mosten International Client Consultation Competition in 2014. She and her teammate took first place and brought the title back to Ireland.
Emma speaks fluent Italian and her interests include legal technology, volunteering and music.