Medical negligence* (sometimes known as “clinical negligence” or “medical malpractice”) occurs when you suffer an injury as a result of a health care professional not providing a proper level of care to you.
Read our 10 steps of legal advice on medical negligence:
1. What is medical negligence?
2. Typical examples of medical negligence cases in Ireland
3. The current law on medical negligence
4. Developments in the law
5. Making a claim versus getting an explanation
6. Deciding to proceed and taking the initial steps
7. Accessing medical records
8. Obtaining expert reports in medical negligence cases
9. The medical negligence court process
10. Medical negligence awards and costs