Medical negligence claims* cover everything from a minor complaint such as a dentist extracting a healthy tooth (leading to extended pain and expense) to far more serious injuries where your long term health has been compromised or where there has been a fatality.
Medical negligence can arise where there is a misdiagnosis or delay in diagnosis or treatment. This negligence can occur during surgery. Equally it can arise if you were not adequately informed and warned of the risk associated with a certain procedure.
The following are some examples of clinical negligence claims we have successfully pursued on behalf of clients:
- Accidental cutting of the bile duct during a gallstone removal operation.
- Failure to prescribe antibiotics post-operatively leading to septicaemia.
- Nerve damage caused during a spinal fusion operation.
- Infection suffered during a laparoscopy.
Here are some examples of medical negligence where we can help bring a claim on your behalf:
- Errors and complications arising from cosmetic/plastic surgery such as PIP breast implant claims.
- Birth related injuries to a mother or her child such as:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Erbs Palsy and Brachial Plexus injuries
- Injuries arising from complications with twins
- Losing the ability to have future children due to complications in labour
- Perineal tears
- Cancer misdiagnosis and delay in treatment.
- DePuy hip replacement claims
- Surgical errors.
- Hospital acquired infections.
- Negligent care in the Accident and Emergency room.
- Dentistry malpractice.