Charities and Voluntary Organisations
We have acted as solicitors for many charities and voluntary bodies since the firm was founded over 35 years ago.
We provide legal advice to:
• Religious congregations;
• Churches and parish authorities;
• Voluntary organisations involved in relief work in Ireland and abroad;
• Non profit organisations;
• GAA clubs;
• Sports clubs; and
• Religious organisations.
We understand the ethos and approach of voluntary bodies and take this into account in our advice to our clients.
The type of legal work we do includes:
• Dealing with the property of charitable bodies and trust companies.
• Formation of trust companies to hold the property of charities and religious congregations.
• Regularising the title to the properties of charitable bodies, parishes and congregations.
• Setting up charities and non profit organisations: Forming charitable companies through which charities can carry out their work and obtaining charitable status from the Revenue Commissioners.
• Acting as lawyers for charities in relation to employment law, health and safety matters, child protection measures and general legal matters.
• Negotiating with other bodies on behalf of charities and religious bodies.
• Dealing with all the documentary, legislative and regulatory requirements of charities so that they can apply themselves to their work
• Advising sports clubs in relation to regulatory and disciplinary matters within their clubs.
• Dealing with the legal requirements of National Lottery Grants to sports clubs.
• Advising schools and school boards on relations with parents, discipline matters, enrolment policy, child protection, employment matters, personal injury cases and general legal advice.
• Obtaining club and lottery licences.
To read our news articles and legal updates for Charities and Voluntary/Religious Bodies, click here.
"I am really pleased to recommend Niall Farrell of Patrick J. Farrell & Co, Newbridge, Co. Kildare. Working on behalf of the Sisters of Mercy, South Central Province, Ireland during the past four years I have found Niall to be efficient, solution orientated and very accurate in dealing with some extremely complicated title to property. His availability to us as clients, despite a busy practice, both pleases and amazes me. He has been conscious and helpful in ensuring that the assets of the Mercy Charity are protected and reminded us of our legal responsibilities to all concerned in every transaction"
Team Leader of Religious Congregation
"The service was extremely professional. I found it at all times to be very comprehensive and carried out in a courteous and diligent manner. I would have no hesitation in recommending your services."
- C.S., Dublin
"I have always found the service provided by your firm to be highly professional and first class. Attention to detail and advice given is always spot on. No complaints whatsoever. It is always a pleasure to deal with your company."
- L.D., Co. Offaly
"I would give the service a ten absolutely. I was provided with the pros and cons regarding how a case like mine could go from the start. I appreciated having the facts from the outset. From reception to the solicitors I dealt with, everyone was friendly and efficient. I will definitely recommend you to others."
A.H., Newbridge, Co. Kildare
"Elaine was always accessible and returned phone calls and e-mails promptly. She was always calm and reassuring when we were stressed out. Excellent service."
Conveyancing Clients, Co. Dublin.